We no longer schedule photographers after hour due to our busy schedule.
You are welcome to photograph only during the open shop/farm hours: Wednesday - Friday 11-3, Saturday 10-4, and Sunday 1-4. There is no fee to come and photograph. Please note that there will be visitors during this time.
Requirements to photograph at the farm:
*Sorry - no mini sessions - one shoot after another.
*Must tag and link our website on all social media shares.
*Must still schedule with us before arriving - via 1 week. So we don't interrupt you.
*Must have insurance certificate - give copy to counter sales person for us to file (requested by our insurance co). Photographers are responsible for damages and injuries.
*We do not allow people with props, displays, or drone.
*Proper clothing is a must.
*Check our Facebook page for current photos - we do not send photographers photos due to our busy schedule.
*Note: We will only have 1 professional photographer for after shop hours for 2024 (Melissa Giles). She is a friend.
Information about Red Oak Lavender Farm Blooms:
When is the best bloom times? Here in North Georgia lavender blooms throughout June, based on past experience. Mother Nature has its own time and cannot guarantee exact bloom time, since weather of sunny or cloudy days and temperatures play a big part in bloom time. Our Zinnias and Dahlias, as well as our other flowers bloom usually July through September, but again cannot guarantee bloom times. Please check our Facebook page for weekly photos of the farm.
PROFESSIONALS: Any professional photographer or any other professional visual artist intending to use his/her representation of Red Oak Lavender Farm for commercial purposes (ie; postcards, advertisements, stock photos, magazines, websites) must submit a request to the farm and book for at least one week prior to the intended use of the farm. This policy is enforced for the preservation of the farm and the safety of the visitor. Photo credit identifying Red Oak Lavender Farm will be required. In June all members of the party, including the photographer and up to one assistant, must pay admission fee - 10.00 per car.. Please note that photographers need to be on Farm property during their designated session at all times with their other parties.
If we should see any professionals on the property after regular store hours without the paid fees and scheduled session, you will be escorted off the property immediately.
COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Commercial use includes, but is not limited to: Advertising Agencies, Public Relations Firms, Marketing Groups, Corporate Communication Offices, Commercial Photographers and other professional groups shooting photography for use in display advertising, television and electronic commercials, feature films, brochures, product literature, annual reports, collateral publications, training videos, other industrial/promotions/advertising projects.
The Photography Policies outlined here are intended for all guests, but a permit is necessary for those who wish to use Red Oak Lavender Farm as the backdrop for posed photography. This would include family, engagement, graduation, prom, senior photos or the like. It is not relevant if the photographer is a professional or not.
COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY/FILMING: Catalog shoots, shoots requiring props, additional lighting or multiple costumes, commercials, professional videos and the like are subject to certain terms, restrictions, and fees based upon the nature of the production request. Please contact us for more information.
ARIAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Drone use is strictly prohibited. Lavender should be a place to relax and enjoy the blooms for all visitors.
STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY: Photos taken as stock photography for websites, publications, greeting cards, calendars, etc. Photographers are asked to pay a one-time lifetime fee of $100. Arrangements must be made in advance. Please contact us for more information.
PROMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Photos used to promote Red Oak Lavender Farm, such as travel and lifestyle websites, blogs and publications will not be subject to a fee. Arrangements must be made in advance. Please contact us for more information.
FORMAL, POSED PHOTOGRAPHY: Posed photography includes family, engagement, prom, graduation, senior photos or the like. The Photographer doesn't need to be a professional. Posed photos may be taken outdoors only and we ask that you do not photograph our private residence. Advance, paid reservations are required and can be booked at Red Oak Lavender Farm. In all cases, the photography session must be scheduled one week in advance minimum and begin and end within the allotted time. There are no refunds for "no-shows" of a photography session at Red Oak Lavender Farm. However, sessions may be rescheduled by contacting in advance or in the event of inclement weather. Only open shop/farm hours are allowed.
RIGHT OF REFUSAL: Red Oak Lavender Farm reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography and/or change its photo policy and fees without advanced notice. Some areas of the farm may not be available the day of your reservation due to unforeseen circumstances. Please note that any party that has booked private events in a particular location has an exclusive right to that reserved area. Photo credit identifying Red Oak Lavender Farm will be required. All members of the party, including the photographer and any assistants, must pay the photography fees and must pay admission to the farm.
Red Oak Lavender Farm reserves the right to allow filming/videotaping on a case-by-case basis and under such terms and conditions as determined at the sole discretion of the Farm Director or designee.
NON-COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Portrait shoots, such as engagement, and family photography are permitted during the Farm's general operating hours. Arrangements must be made at least one week in advance by either emailing us at Red Oak Lavender Farm or messaging us on Facebook. All members of the party, including the photographer and any assistants, must pay photographer fees and must pay admission in June to the Farm. Photography is only allowed during open shop/farm hours. Amateur, Professional photographers and visual artists may not use their representations of the Farm for any public purpose unless the Farm is credited as the location of representation. Any questions about the definition of "public purpose" should be directed to the Farm. Photo credit identifying Red Oak Lavender Farm will be required.
INSURANCE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The Professional Photographer shall provide a Certificate of Insurance at arrival - during working days before the scheduled photo shoot. The Certificate shall name Red Oak Lavender Farm as an “Additional Insured” for the duration of use of the farms facilities, and shall include broad form property damage and personal injury coverage with a combined single limit of not less than $500,000 per occurrence. Such insurance shall be primary to and not contributing with, any other insurance maintained by Red Oak Lavender Farm.
Students photographing the Farm for school projects must provide current proof of enrollment. Photographer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Red Oak Lavender Farm, its agents, officers and employees from and against any and all liability, expense, including defense costs and legal fees, and claims for Client damages of any nature whatsoever including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, personal injury or property damage arising from, or in connection with, the photo shoot or services performed on behalf of Photographer or any person pursuant to this Agreement. Photographer further agrees to hold Red Oak Lavender Farm harmless from any workers’ compensation suits, liability, or expense arising from or in connection with the photo shoot or services performed on behalf of Photographer or any person pursuant to this Agreement. Red Oak Lavender Farm is not responsible for lost, mislaid or stolen property.
The Photographer must agree in writing to these Policies at least five working days prior to the date of the intended photo shoot. Professional/hired Photography: Sessions for fashion, commercials, or engagement/wedding photos, etc. utilizing professional camera equipment (multiple lenses, sun reflectors, tripod, drones, etc.) requires a site fee.
High use areas as determined by the Farm will be available for photo sessions only if such use does not interfere with normal public access and Farm safety rules. Upon receipt of a signed Agreement, together with proof of insurance and student status if applicable as required herein, photo access will be granted. Upon arrival at the Farm, the Photographer must check in. Violation of the terms of this Agreement may result in cancellation of the Photo access, in which case fees will not be refunded. Particularly egregious violations may result in the denial of future photography privileges.
CANCELLATION: We have done all we can to assure beautiful farm grounds and in June a field of purple. However if, due to causes beyond our control, we feel that the lavender is not blooming, we will contact you and refund your money. Once reserved, photographers are not allowed to make alterations in the reservation. Should it become necessary to reschedule a photoshoot due to inclement weather at the Farm every effort will be made to accommodate. *This may have to be a morning or workday reschedule.
Changing Times: Let us know as soon as you know of changes.
RESTRICTIONS: The Farm is available for photos during open shop/farm hours. Red Oak Lavender Farm reserves the right to refuse permission to any photographer or visual artist. Professional photographers must seek pre-approval of their project. Red Oak Lavender Farm reserves the right to determine acceptance on a case-by-case basis.
GENERAL FARM POLICIES: We ask that you honor these policies when using Red Oak Lavender Farm as the backdrop for any photography, artwork or filming.
• Courtesy to Farm visitors must be observed by all photographers and other artists at all times.
• Guests should come dressed and prepared for their photo session. There are no changing areas available and the public restroom (porta potty) is not to be used to change clothes. Please be considerate of public use of restrooms and keep them available for other Farm visitors.
• Electrical power is not available unless arranged in advance for an additional fee.
• Keep pathways free.
• Sessions MUST be booked in advance. If you show up without a reservation and deposit paid you will regretfully be turned away.
• No photographing any private residences.
• Obstruction of Farm is strictly prohibited. No photographer, artist, or client of the photographer/artist, or photographer/artist equipment will be allowed in plant beds, or on the plants, at any time.
• Requests for still photography, film or videotaping must state the location within the Farm for the proposed session, the number of people expected, and the anticipated time of the session. Vehicles are not allowed beyond the Farm's parking lot.
• The Farm must approve any props intended for use in the photo shoot. Props are not allowed to be in plants to avoid damage.
• The Farm will not accept deliveries or be responsible for any personal property belonging to Photographer or Photographer’s client(s).
• The Farm reserves the right to monitor part or all of a photo shoot to ensure compliance with these policies.
• All aspects of a photo shoot must occur on areas intended for foot traffic. No person may walk, pose, or set up photography equipment except on such areas unless pre-approved by the Farm and accompanied by Farm staff.
• Unsupervised climbing of trees and walking into shrubbery or plant communities is forbidden. It is the sole discretion of the Farm to approve or deny special access to Farm areas other than designated pathways. No plant may be removed or permanently modified in any manner under any circumstances.
• No decorations, temporary fixtures or other objects may be affixed to plants, trees, woodwork, buildings or any architectural feature unless submitted for pre-approval to the Farm two weeks before the photo shoot. Red Oak Lavender Farm reserves the right to refuse any such requests.
• Balloons/paper lanterns may not be released in the Farm.
• Smoking is not allowed in the Farm under any circumstances.
• Recreational consumption of alcohol associated with the photo-shoot is prohibited.
• Fireworks of any kind or any open flame devices are prohibited. Candles must be in non-flammable, semi-closed containers, and be hand-held or placed upon a nonflammable surface.
• Nude photography or its near equivalent is prohibited (for example, "boudoir" photography).
• Excessive noise or other objectionable behavior is prohibited.
* No sharing with another photographer/s is allowed. When booking reservations time is only for one photographer.
Red Oak Lavender Farm reserves the right to use these photos for promotional purposes. It is understood by the Photographer, their clients and vendors that attendance at a photography shoot at Red Oak Lavender Farm includes permission to use their images in such materials.
With credit and prior permission, photographers may use pictures from our Instagram or Facebook accounts if they need a stock photo to promote their slot.
Bookings will not be reserved until Red Oak Lavender Farm has received signed contract, certificate of insurance, and payment prior to shooting photos.
Red Oak Lavender Farm reserves the right to utilize any photography taken on the grounds of Red Oak Lavender Farm for advertising/marketing purposes or any other reason Red Oak Lavender Farm sees fit. By signing this contract, you agree to allow Red Oak Lavender Farm to use any photography that is taken on Red Oak Lavender Farm property. Red Oak Lavender Farm staff will take care to assign credit to the photographer upon sharing photography.
Red Oak Lavender Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the most up to date information regarding our farm and events for the upcoming year.