Please review entire job description before applying.
Hours weekly: 32-40 hours. This is a seasonal position! mid of February - end of November. This is a paid position - Pay depending on experience.
This job details planting lavender and flowers, crop maintenance in our fields and greenhouse. You will be required to help wherever needed as all aspects of our lavender/flower farm operation. Thus a more of a "all trades" position where physical strength, adaptability, self-motivator, observational alertness, and general desire to learn and contribute are the core strengths required.
* Good spirited. Easy to work with. Kind
* Must be able to carry 50 lbs and using a 40 lbs backpack regularly
* Be able to kneel for hours
* Weekly employee meeting for updates and tasks to complete for the week
* Must know how to operate farm tractor, weed eater, and lawnmower
* Know plant thermostats and greenhouse regulators, technology
Handwork. Mechanical work. Manual labor. Tractor experience/ Landscaping experience. Must have gardening/horticultural experience minimum 3 years of working for business with gardens and greenhouses.
1. Working fields: tilling, adding amendments, hilling to prepare for planting
2. Planting seeds, lavender, flowers
3. Weekly spray anti fungal
4. Documenting all sprays activity in ledger
5. Maintain tractor and all equipment and document in ledger
6. Monitoring operations, plant health, water level, pest pressure, etc...
7. Problem solving with care of grounds and plants
8. Versatility. Help with all tasks when needed. Help harvesting lavender and cutting flowers. Help with hanging lavender to dry.
9. Weeding as needed, mowing, and using weed eater to keep ground manicured for plants and customers visits.
10. Set up flower nettings by driving in posts and keeping flowers standing.
11. Disinfecting plant pots and trays.
12. Pressure washing as needed
13. Repair and upkeep of all buildings and tools
14. Moving pots and trays with plants/flowers
15. Cleaning and organizing greenhouse, barn, and basement used for plants and drying lavender
This is a Seasonal Position! mid February - end of November.
This is a Paid Position. Pay depending on experience.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to learn more about lavender, flower farming, agri-tourism business, managing a small farm business just a fast paced flower/lavender operation for months: mid of February - end of November. You do not need experience with lavender, but willing to learn on the job and a fast learner a must. It doesn't hurt that you'll be surrounded by nature every single day.
If you think this job is for you please email us at email@example.com and in subject area of email use: Application Farm Worker