Buying locally grown flowers are so important for you. They are literally grown right in front of you and sold to you within 24 hours of cutting or right when you cut them with purchase of u-pick ticket. Flowers from stores are usually 6 days old before they get to the stores.
1.Flower DIY Buckets: May - October. Each bucket will contain a mixture of 80 stems and have a mixture of focus flowers, filler flowers, and foliages. We offer several color palettes - soft pastels, Bright and Bold, and Autumn Beige.
3.) Flower Wholesale to Florists, Floral Designers, BnBs, Restaurants, etc in need of organically grown local flowers.
3.) ) U-Pick: We will continue u-pick lavender in June and u-pick flowers at specific times of the year via tickets.
Lavender u-picks will be in the month of June only, and popular cut flowers u-pick are usually from July through September.
Tickets will be sold in advanced to keep crowds down and the gardens protected. We will make an announcement usually a month ahead of when u-pick dates are, so be sure to watch or sign up for newsletter since we announce on newsletter first.
The Gardens: Whether you're looking for a unique date, want to hang out with your friends, or just want some fresh flowers for your home or as a gift, we've got you covered. Grab your ticket and come out to the farm and enjoy the peace and quiet of our beautiful gardens. We provide everything you need to cut your own bouquet. We will also have an assistant with you to give directions on cutting so your bouquet will have the best to last longer at home. There are different cost depending on the variety of flowers in bloom at the time. Dahlias cost more than zinnias due to the amount of upkeep on each flower variety and the amount of blooms on each variety. We charge the normal fee as other u-pick farms. Cost ranges from $30 to $65 for each bouquet. We recommend to bring your own pitcher or mason jar which we will add water to if you wish.
* Anyone wanting to pick a bouquet must purchase a ticket from our website before coming to pick. Be sure to choose your correct date and bouquet you want, as no refunds can be given. You are welcome to comae during our open hours to visit the gardens and shop, but only people with pre-sale tickets will be allowed to pick. We do not sale tickets in the shop, due to our busy schedule. We find that most people spend an average of one hour cutting their bouquet.
* Wear appropriate attire. Yes, there are bugs and bees which love flowers and gardens. It can be hot so that is why we schedule the majority of our u-pick during the mornings. This is a farm and not a golf course so wear appropriate (closed toe) shoes for walking on uneven surfaces. Bug spray or sunscreen may be a good idea and since we have honey bees please apply at home or at the car before walking down to field.
* We provide floral snips for you to cut with but it is manditory that if you have small children with you that an adult does the cutting. Our snips are sharp!
* Small children are not allowed in the rows due to all rows are mounted up with irrigation lines which are easily to trip on and could harm a child and the flowers. So if you are bringing small children it is best to have someone watch them in the grassy areas while you pick. Our assistant in the field will also remind visitors as well.
*If for some reason we need to cancel a scheduled u-pick we will post it on our social pages (website, Facebook, Instagram) and do our best to contact you. All u-picks are rain or shine. We will place tents out in the field if we are expecting rain. Lightening is the only reason we would need to cancel or due to family emergency.
* Our farm store is open weekly during u-pick time scheduled and no need to reserve time in the shop.
Planning An Event: If you are thinking of planning an event for this summer (up to 12 people) it's never too early to drop us a note and place your name on the calendar. All Events will need to be early in the morning or later in day when temperatures are cooler, since it is all outside. We only can plan a few events a year and cannot be on a date when we have classes or June you-picks. You must bring your own garbage bags and clean up after yourself.
* We hope you have a great visit!
Red Oak Lavender Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the most up to date information regarding our farm and events for the upcoming year.